"Modern capitalism, organising the reduction of all social life to a spectacle, cannot offer any other spectacle than of our own alienation."-Raoul Vaneigem (via byorke)
Kazimir Malevich’s Suprematist funeral, (1935)
(from top to bottom)
1) Malevich on his deathbed, surrounded by his works.
2) Suetin’s arkhitekton coffin for Malevich
3) Malevich’s funeral procession, his coffin carried forward by Suetin and others.
4) Attendants of Kazimir Malevich’s funeral.
5) Malevich’s funeral car with black square mounted to the front grill.
6) Malevich’s grave, underneath the black square.
7) Kazimir Malevich, Black Square, (1915)